thw who and quad

First time writing to the list, hope I did it right.
Anyway, regarding Quad, I was really shocked that Roger made this the
centerpeice of his DST Tour last summer.  The show in Pittsburgh was
incredible.  Anyway, from what I had always read, Roger was never very
impressed with the Quad album.  I had read that he felt his vocals were
mixed down so that you could hardly hear his shouting over the
instruments and synthesizers.  I seem to remeber a few other snide
comments about Quad being "Pete's solo album" with the Who as his backing
band.  However, isn't that basically how every Who album was put
together, at least that's what the demos always seemed to suggest minus
John's songs.
(A great boot of these, in MHO, is Obscure and Oblique -- a mix of demos
and some solo Pete performances from "Empty Glass" among others).  If
anyone wants, write me and I can more specific info about this boot on
the list.
Regarding some of the new issues of the Who albums, I remember reading
something somewhere stating that "Face Dances" and It's Hard" being
reissued as one album.  Although there not the best Who albums, they
still are Who albums, if you know what I mean.  I can't believe they
don't have any material to add to FD especially.  "Dance It Away" I think
is a great song that wasn't included on FD but made it's way to several
encores, especially one at MSG, I think.  Does anyone have any new info
about this?
Glad to be on the list, it's nice to know other Who fans are out there.
Long live rock.

John