Re: PB on Maximum BBC

At 06:36 PM 04/10/96 -0400, "Gary M. Gillman" <garyg@inforamp.net> wrote:
>Okay this one`s for the real cognoscenti: on Pinball Wizard as heard on
>Maximum BBC, being the last (28th) track on that boot, the lead vocal is
>clearly NOT Rog, although, just as clearly, Pete sings the familiar backing
>and call-and-response vocals. So, who did this very credible impression of
>Rog on this version? It`s not a Beatle, not a Stone, not Rod Stewart, not
>Plant. I`d say..... Thunderclap Newman. WF, Mark, Chris, the other Gary`s,
>what say you?.........Gary M.

Sounds like Roger to me. I assume it sounds somewhat different because of
where it was recorded. The nuances and undertones sound like Roger to these
deaf old ears.

Joe
-----
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.capital.net/users/giorgian/