Re: Pete Townshend Update

Someone posted that they had confirmed the shows with someone at
Ticketmaster.  I've checked with Ticketmaster on Saturday and Sunday and
the show still wasn't in their computer.   I stopped by the Supper Club on
Thursday, though, and the people there confirmed the shows.  They also
showed me around the club, which is essentially a ballroom/restaurant.
Although nothing sounded definitive, I was told that the seating at the PT
shows would be cabaret style (i.e., small tables), which is different from
what had been previously reported, and that around 700 tickets for each
show would be sold.  This information may be incorrect, but it's what the
people at the Supper Club told me.  Seating for shows at the Supper Club
has generally been first-come first serve, though I wouldn't be surprised
if many of the prime seats at the PT shows were reserved for VIPs.

As for when tickets go on sale, tickets for Van Morrison (who'll be playing
at the Supper Club from 4/28 through 5/1) went on sale Sunday.  There was
virtually no advertising for this show (just a small print add in the
Sunday Times A&E section) and I had no problem getting tickets over the
phone (if anyone wants to buy my extra ticket for the 4/28 show, just
e-mail mee).  It wouldn't surprise me if Pete's shows went on sale sometime
this week, hopefully with minimal publicity.