JAE and Star Trek Connection...

I'm not Sgt. Schultz, but... last night on the JAE - AOL chat, some important
information was ascertained... This information was almost impossible to get,
considering the fact that one sysop in particular, thought she was some sorta
"surf nazi" and was spoiling everyone's fun, including IM threats to myself
and another one of us "listers". Considering there was only 14 of us in the
room, including John, 2 sysops and a few people "loitering" there who didn't
even know who John is (one had to ask him the "name" of the Who box set, but
John has already left and Steve answered...), there were about 5 of us,
actually asking questions... I'm sure the low turn out was "inspired" by the
last display of sysop involvment and, of course the fact that this was poorly
planned by AOL, with only a last minute, e-mail announcement to a very few...

Anyway, here's the scoop...

For some of you who don't know... "Star Trek" is one of JAE's favorite shows
(along with "Cheers", "Taxi" and "a few British shows which you probably
wouldn't understand...")

Keeping with that spirit, we now know that JAE likes Picard over Kirk,
because of his hair style and he's British (even though he's supposed to be
French on the show... I did forget to ask John if he has a bowling ball
named, "Picard")

And, when asked this question of science, John thought for a moment and had
the right answer:

If the overweight Riker and Bev Crusher ran towards each other from 50 paces
and crashed into one another, who'd be left standing?

JAE: "Bev Crusher of course. That's how she got the name..."

However, John didn't know how many chins were hidden under Riker's beard...
and at one point said, "Riker has a beard???"

When asked about his favorite episodes...

JAE: "I don't remember the names of them... ...I just watch them in order...
...but I do like the 2-parters at the end of the season, because they're
longer."

So... there you have it! Everything (and more) that you wanted to know about
JAE: The next generation...

-wf