Re: Lifehouse/Rush

>>"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."  L. Long
>>

>Mark,
>
>I'm not J. Alfred Prufrock, but I couldn't help but notice that you added
>your new sign-off quote shortly after entering the retail business!  Is the
>quote inspired by distributors or customers?

John:

I'm not Roy Rogers or Trigger...
Actually, that quote would have fit better for the place I worked for
(almost) 20 years. A "gift shop" with quaint little souveniers like
Shelephants and Jesus On A Half Shell's (remember, this is in a beach
resort)...not to mention the Elvis Cove. Some things are better not mentioned.
I've often thought that place was created as a Mecca for stupid people. You
know; they have to go there at least once in their lives. Or perhaps an
intelligence test ("Do you want to go in there?" "Yes!" "You failed...").
No, that quote has been with me since the `70s...and became especially
meaningful after the 1980 election...it's from an SF book by Robert Heinlein
called Time Enough For Love.
Here's why I began using it: I discovered how to use the "signature" part of
my EMail program. So sue me; once I figure out how to use something, I don't
tinker with it too much. Until I have plenty of free time to play with the
computer, as I do now. See what owning your own business will get for you?
Free time. Great hours. Respect in the community (alright, I knew that one
was going too far).
I treat my customers right. Even if it isn't good business practice (or the
way to get rich...I don't care about getting rich as long as I'm happy...and
I am). I have the CDs priced as low as I possibly can, and as the trading
lowers the cost for me I am going to lower the retail even more.
And have no distributors; I get all of my new stock through trading.
I'm not only in it for the money...

                   Cheers                   ML