The Who --> Rush

Hi everyone, it's my first post.  I came over from the Queen group,
Jason Hare clued me into this group's existence.

Don't know about 2112, but there was an old Guitar mag which
interviewed a few people about Townshend.  Geddy Lee said he was very
influenced by PT's work.  Paticularly, he was impressed by the unity
between the music and the words.  Most groups it sounds like either
the words or music was written, and the other slapped on to finish.
But with the music of PT, it's incredibly unified.  You can't think of
the words to Love Reign O'er Me going over any other music, you can't
think of Pinball Wizard with different lyrics.  Geddy was very
impressed by that.

(Not at all a direct quote, but that was the sense of it.)
--
- Brad Goldman
 (Brad@jimmy.harvard.edu)