Playing For Keeps CD

I'm not gonna sit and weep again, but the very famous movie, Playing For
Keeps, was just on a cable channel the other night (I think one of Ted
Turner's) and this reminded me that I saw the soundtrack CD at a record show
recently... for something like $40!!  (I can't recall the exact price because
it was so outlandish that my braincells couldn't accept it as truth.)

I saw this CD a few years ago in a cutout bin for a few dollars, and can't
imagine why it would be worth so much today--because Harold Gould or Jimmy
Baio are in the movie? Because the movie "introduces Marisa Tomei"?  Because
Peter Frampton and Sister Sledge are on the soundtrack?

Can anyone provide a rational explanation for such a high price, or am I
correct in assuming that the dealer was just out to lunch?

Rich B.

NP:  "The Dirty Jobs"