Hiwatts and such

Yeah, and it's better having said combo (Hiwatts and SGs).
He used a 68 or 69 SG, longreach neck, with the P-90s, of course,
and as far as I can tell used a badass bridge...

Hiwatts-He used a DR-103 head and the 4-12 cabinets.  Hiwatts never had
a slanted top cabinet, and this made using them the half-stack mode
hard to hear.  If you don't already have a Hiwatt, buy the pre-1979 models
that have no printed circuit boards in them.  These are the more desirable ones.
Note also that the distortion he got out of them was partially owing to
internal modifications to the Hiwatt and someone on the newsgroup alluded
to a compression box used even early on....

Hiwatts are being made by Fernandez-Hiwatts, and the Heads are apparently
faithful repros of ones like the ones I own.  They also list for $2400,
so be sure to bring your hemorrhoid cream.

Re: Other favorite bands.  X-Ray Specs were great!!  I was a live clip of
them from '79 which was great.  Some of the other faves out there, O.K>
so it's my opinion, but AAAUUUUGGGHHH!

JW