Re: quad newsin april ICE

>Funny, but in '82, Roger Daltrey was quoted saying something like "'
>'Uniforms' sums up  'Quadrophenia' in one song..." It was at that point, that
>I actually listened to "All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes", previously
>to which, I only liked a few songs and wrote the rest of it off...

WF:

"I'm not the messiah" "Only the true messiah would deny he is the messiah."
"Well, what kind of chance does that give me? OK, I am the messiah." "Hail
messiah!"

I've seen that Daltrey quote (as well as the Townshend quote about John's
song), but I'm inclined to think that only in the most superficial way could
any song "sum up" QUAD. That particular album is too rich, too deep, and too
meaningful to be only a single song's worth of lyrics.

            Cheers                     ML

NP: Babylon Zoo, "Paris Green"