Re: Top 3 non-Who bands

In a message dated 96-03-31 13:12:14 EST, rhixson@sunline.net (Randall
Hixson) writes:

>I'm not wearing any pants, but my top 3 would be:
>1)Pixies (Frank Black/Breeders/Amps)
>2)Clash
>3)Geraldine Fibbers (who have a new live CD which I hear will be packaged
>for free with their current Lost Somewhere Between The Earth And My Home
>release...great band)
>
>Randall

Randall,

I'm not crashing by design, but I got to see both the Amps and the Geraldine
Fibbers in Austin two weeks ago (and even got to chat with Kim Deal for a
couple of minutes while waiting for a beer!)  The Amps played a short set -
Kim apologized for having a lack of material - but they were a last-minute
replacement for Radiohead, who cancelled.  Otherwise, the set was good enough
to inspire me to pick up the record.

The Geraldine Fibbers played a great set on the outdoor stage.  They came
across much better live than I would have thought based on the limited amount
of material I had heard previously.  The new release sounds like a
must-purchase...

John