Re: muzak/favorite bands

At 3:45 3/30/96, The Who Mailing List wrote:
>Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:46:59 -0700 (MST)
>From: Trish Pottersmith <trish.pottersmith@Colorado.EDU>
>Subject: muzak/favorite bands
>
>I'm not Whoopi Goldberg, but I was in the grocery store the other day
>with my almost 2 year old daughter and heard "Let My Love Open the Door",
>just like someone (Stacey?) was saying last week.

Hm...maybe there's a playlist that it's on this month?  I heard it too,
yesterday (Sat 3/30) in an Albertson's grocery store in Austin -- the
studio version, "Let My Love Open the Door".  I was just on my way out the
door when a riff stopped me in my tracks.

As to non-Who favorite bands ... um ... I'm sure I'll remember someone I've
left out five minutes after I send this, but:

To just take the records out & listen (during the perhaps 10% of my
listening time that isn't Who-related):

Little Feat (tend to prefer the pre-'79, i.e. with-Lowell-George material)

Fleetwood Mac (pre-Lindsay Buckingham era, i.e., with Danny Kirwan, Peter
Green, Bob Welch, etc.)

The Monkees

On the A-list:

Led Zep, Clapton, Springsteen up to & including "Born to Run", Hendrix,
Aerosmith, Tull, Beatles, Al Stewart, pre-"Hotel California" Eagles.

See anytime they're in town:

Little Feat
Melissa Etheridge
Dread Zeppelin
George Thorogood

Would like to have time to find out more about:

REM
Matthew Sweet

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend