Re: muzak

Trish wrote:

>I'm not Whoopi Goldberg, but I was in the grocery store the other day with
my almost
>2 year old daughter and heard "Let My Love Open the Door", just like someone

>(Stacey?) was saying last week.  I found it to be kind of...ummm,
contemptuous.  To
>hear a Pete song lumped in with the
eel-good-and-hey-while-you're-at-it-spend-some-
>more-money"grocery music was a bummer.  On the other hand, I found myself
singing
>along and loadin' up the cart.

I'm not a Whoopi Cushion or a Rube Goldberg Device, but I've now heard LMLOTD
twice this month at while shopping.  But I'm hearing Pete's version, NOT some
cheesy band doing a lame instrumental cover--which is what I thought "muzak"
is, i.e., NOT the artist's original version.  So for clarification--when
people have been reporting that they've heard this or that song as "elevator
music," have you ALL been referring to bland REMAKES by some nameless band?

At any rate, the sudden attention given to LMLOTD makes me very optimistic
that the general public will "rediscover" it just like they did "Unchained
Melody" and Pete will finally record his first US #1 when his Greatest Hits
CD is released!!

Rich B.