Jones Beach

>I saw Pete at the Jones Beach show, which was the last show of the
>tour.  I must say it was absolutely incredible.  I think one of the
>first things he said when he came onto the stage was something along
>the lines of "This is the last show of the tour and we're gonna pull
>out all the stops.", boy did he ever.  I saw a total of four shows on
>this tour and the Jones Beach show sticks out in my head as the best
>one.  I'm wondering if any who-listers out there might have a tape of
>this show.  I'd love to get a copy.
>
>- John

How can you mention how great this concert was without mentioning the fact
that Pete smashed his guitar at the request of someone continually yelling
"SMASH YOUR GUITAR, PETE!"

Pete said "You only have to ask once".  Took his guitar and SMASHED it to
pieces.

I have a piece of this guitar and although it looks just like a piece of
balsa wood, I know the true value of this "gift".

The only possible thing missing from this concert was that Pete did not
perform Sleeping Dog.  He played it in Berkeley and words cannot describe how
awesome it was.