RE: Pete and Fuzz BoxsSun Dec 7 12:47:50 PST 1997

I seem to recall an article in Guitar Player (or Guitar World) from 1982
that included an interview with Alan Rogan (Pete's guitar tech). It was a
fairly short blurb but in it Rogan describes Pete's stage and studio gear at
that time. As far as effects are concerned Rogan mentions a chorus (rack
mount I think) and a MXR Dyna Comp compressor (red box on the floor) that
was used for added gain during solos. I own one of these boxes and it works
quite well with my Strat ............

Pete's stage guitar used at that time was a Schecter with a Tele style body.
I could never make up my mind as to my likeing for this setup. All of the
live recordings from this period (commercial and boot) that I have heard
don't have a good mix from Pete's setup in my opinon. The crowd noise seems
to "fog" it out. The only "clear" capturing that I've heard was from the
Eminence Front video done for MTV. But even on this version the guitar lacks
a certain "bite".

CarlK

ckishel@gateway.opm.com