Re: Pete's Banjo

Kevin said:

>I will dispute this. I can only assume you have never seen Bela >Fleck,
>for instance. who can play the banjo with all the class you would >ever
want.

Yes I have seen Bela, Kevin, but my choice of words (class) was poor. Bela is
a banjo god. I guess what I was trying to convey was the lack of popular
acceptance (not that that's worth anything) the banjo has suffered from.
Teenagers all over the world don't run out and buy banjos to be like Bela.
But the guitar tradition is so huge and well established that we now have
several generations of excellent guitarists who have been inspired by Howlin
Wolf, Hendrix, Townshend, Page, ad nauseum. I just don't see that happening
with the banjo.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Who list.  :)

Cathy