Re[2]: Quad/WBN

Jeff writes:
>Back to my thing about drummers:  O.K. the two other drummers who have played
>this very song with the Who where those to whom I referred.  I Can See for
>Miles was unrecoginizable for the first several bars.  I mean, I saw them
>in '82 at the Kingdome, and sound suckiness aside, the damn song went on and
>on and I was going, "What the hell song is this?"

I can back Jeff up on this one.  I was at that show too (with the Clash and
T-Bone Burnett, I think).  The sound was *terrible* (Rog said after the
first song "Welcome to the fishbowl!"), and I couldn't tell what song they
were doing until Rog sang the first line.  This ws generally a bad night
for them, I think...

I saw them the next night here in Portland (two nights in a row - my ears
rang for weeks!), and the show was a killer.

OK,
KLW