Re: gear details

 Jeff writes:
 >And a guy at a music store here insists that the Who had some
>French company modify the Hiwatts per his specs.  They also did general
>maintenan ce; they were their "maintenance depot". I know the Custom Hiwatt
>100s, several of which I have, were merely platforms for further customization;
>i.e., " Customizable" Hiwatt 100s.  I saw Kevin's bass amp, and man is it cool.
>Clearly authentic, and definitely 60s (Mine are from around '76).

Yep, mine's an actual '69 Reeves Hiwatt built for John E. himself!

In my efforts to track down the lineage of my amp, I talked extensively
with Rob Timmons of Fernandez-Hiwatt (US distributors), who told me that in
the late 60's there was a lot of customizing that was done for the select
Hiwatt customers; mainly Pete, John and Dave Gilmour of Pink Floyd.  The
hopping-up happened in a variety of places, mostly in Dave Reeves' garage,
but also at some other shops in England and on the Continent.

OK,
KLW