gear details

For those of you Who afficionados with the period git-fiddles (bluegrass
for guitar) and hahdweah (Bostonian for hardware), have anybody noticed
On Woodstock and other filmage with the SGs that the back seems shaved off?
It always looked too thin for the "standard" SG custom ('68, which I believed
he used, and one of which I own) (mine does have the requisite cracked neck
at the headstock joint which was buttressed only in later years, but makes
for playing around the first fret more of a pain, but I digress).  Marty,
any ideas?

 And a guy at a music store here insists that the Who had some
French company modify the Hiwatts per his specs.  They also did general maintenance; they were their "maintenance depot". I know the Custom Hiwatt 100s,
several of which I have, were merely platforms for further customization; i.e., "Customizable" Hiwatt 100s.  I saw Kevin's bass amp, and man is it cool.
Clearly authentic, and definitely 60s (Mine are from around '76).

I hope these dudes in the tribute band are keeping authentic with their
gear, employing some of the Townshend mods here and there, and dial in
their chords, versus ballparking.  Anyone going, could you give reports
from the field?  And Moon, how does one imitate that nice, crisp high sound
on the toms?  He's doin' something REALLY funny with the drum setup there...
Boomahdeboomahdeboom! Premier Drums! Boomahdeboomahdeboom! Premier Drums!

Jeff