Re: Quad/WBN

> Mike, never, ever compare The Who with Springsteen, unless your just saying
> that The Who are great and Springsteen sucks! "Tunnel of Love" is a REAL
> piece of shit. "Sincere"??? How 'bout these lyrics... "I've got a dollar in
> my pocket..." Did he forget that he had $50,000,000 in the other? Or how
> 'bout that great video where the camera kept getting closer and closer? What
> was THAT all about? Did you ever hear him interviewed? Is there such thing as
> a negative IQ? I can't think of anyone more opposite in quality than Pete
> Townshend, than Springsteen. The only thing he shares in common with The Who,
> is that physically, he's the same hight as Roger!
>
> Sorry for this response, but you struck a nerve with this one. And I live in
> NJ, too!

Hey, its the same old tired out old adage:  Old stuff good, new stuff bad.
I'm a simple guy; I see things this way.  Yeah, there's some fuzz in between
(my ears and good and bad), but this is the way it has gone down.  Believing
otherwise is playing into the hands of capitalists.

By the way, I can not, would not, rate the recorded versions of songs on
Who's Next, or Quadrophenia, for that matter. They are consummate.  Period.
(Minor remixing notwithstanding, which apparently can't even happen to
Who's Next anyhoo!). They are classic, timeless, pieces of musical genius
and perfection.  They stand way way way way out from their contemporaries,
Zeppelin notwithstanding (I'm talking early to mid-seventies here - O.K.
well Black Sabbath does indeed rule, but a slightly different genre).

JW