Re: TheWho Digest Vol 2 Num 234

White Fang writes:

>the gold "Quad" is dull

I gotta disagree here ... I think it's much 'brighter' overall than the
regular release (at least here in the US).  I do agree that the gold
discs of Tommy and WN aren't much of an improvement, however.
I bought the gold Tommy at a used cd store simply to replace my
old double-cd set and found WN at, of all places, SAM's club for $10.

If you don't already have Quad, I'd recommend the gold set for the
slightly better sound and nice booklet.  It ain't perfect, but it'll do until
the latest and greatest remix/remaster is released.

Rich

richl27314@aol.com
"everybody knows this is nowhere"  --  NY