Shel TalmySun Dec 7 12:47:50 PST 1997

There have been a few messages recently, as well as several discussions
in the past, about Shel Talmy's refusal to provide the master tapes
to the early Who stuff he produced. My understanding of the situation
is that he is willing to as long as he is paid royalties from
Polydor that are owed from the past. Grandted, I am basing this
on the following note which he sent me after this topic was discussed
on the alt.music.who newsgroup earlier this year. It's one person's
side of the story without representation from the other side. Take
it for what it's worth.

I hope no one finds it inappropriate that I am reposting this,
but I understand the close of his message to be (virtually)
an invitation to do so.

Begin forwarded message:
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 17:42:20 -0800
From: sst@netcom.com (Shel Talmy)
To: jlproulx@mailbox.syr.edu
Subject: Re: What is the story?
Newsgroups: alt.music.who

Thanks for realizing the "wordsmithing".  I'm ready, willing and able
to remix and agreed a deal with MCA, but Polydor refused to go along
with it.

Now that may have something to do with the fact that they refuse
to pay me the royalties I'm due by contract, and why I sued them
 5 years ago
and yes, it's still going on, because they refuse to acknowledge
the legitimate contract.  So I've discovered over the last
few years that one of the greatest oxymorons of the century is:
"British justice".

I'm still ready to do the remixes at any time, and would appreciate
you telling anybody who wants to know, what the real scoop is.

Shel Talmy
End forwarded message.

__Jon
 Jonathan Proulx
     The temptation to take the precious things we have apart to see
    how they work must be resisted for they never fit together again.