Re: Who's Next Masters Missing

>Issue No. 4:  Regarding Quadrophenia, I'd like some input here, folks, but
>I found people who weren't into the Who at all, probably had no other albums,
>who are audiophiles and music fans of some consequence, who thing Quadrophenia
>is the BEST ROCK ALBUM OF ALL TIME!  Of course, I can see why.  To me it was
>the ultimate evolution of a great band, who went rapidly downhill afterwards,
>(that comment always gets tons o'diehards frisky, but take a poll, dudes!)
>but as I have said a billion times, what they did at this point and prior
>makes them the timeless great band they were..... OK enough of me on the little
>wooden box....
>

>Jeff

What about The Who By Numbers?  This may not have been as popular an album,
but IMHO it is their crowning achievement.  Pete's songwritting is
introspective and mature, Roger's singing is phenominal, and the band play
extreamly well.  "...take two-hundred-and-seventy-six, you know it used to
be fun"

Granted, Quadraphenia is a great album, but to say that the Who went rapidly
downhill afterwards is a little bit too sweeping of a statement.  After
Keith died, the quality of the band may have suffered, but this is again a
matter of opinion.  Kenny Jones' drumming changed the sound of the band, one
may like the Moon stuff better, or the Jones stuff; but ultimately the
band's styles are different.