Re: RnR HOF 500 songs that shaped rock

Go to the MIrror Boy is a way of including all of Tommy.  As is
explained in the exhibit, up until this point in the album, all
of the songs are about Tommy but none of them have Tommy connecting
to the audience.  This is the first point of the album where the
audience gets a peak inside Tommy's head.

The exhibit goes on to explain that the See me, feel me line was first
written as if spoken by Tommy.  There are quotes from Pete explaining
that in adapting the album for Broadway, he has new thoughts about
that line.  Something about Tommy's mother needing someone.  (He
says it more eloquently.)  In the beginning, the line was more spiritual
but now it's "see me, feel me, anybody."

I think it's fine just including those three songs.  I'm not sure
how other artists stack up.  Remember, there is only room for
500 songs to cover the history of rock.

Marc

SCARLET AND GrAY                                    L@L #000940
conte.4@osu.edu                     Comedy, thy name is Krusty.