"I'm the Face" acetate

I know WFang has received a lot of criticism on this mailing list (some of it
deserved) for his running battle with Dr. Jimmy. However, he did direct me to
an item which is now the highlight of my twenty plus years collecting all
Who related records and items. Thanks, WFang!

I'd like to hear any comments regarding this piece that people on this list
might have.

Outside sleeve is a regular 12" white well-worn cardboard cover. Writing on
the upper left hand corner reads "SHAWN PHILLIPS 'SECOND CONTRIBUTION'"
followed by a circled "1" and then "HIGH NUMBERS - I'M THE FACE".

The disc itself is a 10" metal acetate. The label has the Fontana logo in
black. Side 1 has the following hand-written information:

1st MIX           | All done in blue pen
Take 4            |
I'M THE FACE      |

THE WHOS          | (This is crossed out)
THE NUMBERS       |

The label is crossed out in pencil and the recorded surface has been
scratched out with a pen.

Side 2 has the following hand-written information:

THIS SIDE              | (written in pencil,
                       |  indicating side 2 was selected to be released)
Andrew Oldham is a bum | (black pen, in different writing,
                       |  bum and Oldham underlined)
(2ND MIX.)             |
Take 5                 |
I'M THE FACE           |
THE NUMBERS.           |
THE WHOS               | (This is crossed out)

Both sides seem to be a similar mix. There is a few words of talk (which I
can't make out) before the recording on both sides. Both sides fade early
like the original version, unlike the "Odds and Sods" version which ends
cold.

I'd love to identify the handwriting. Any guesses as to who was present at
the recording session? Dave Marsh writes "At about this time, Meaden had just
ended an association with Andrew Loog Oldham and the Rolling Stones" so I am
guessing that he wrote the Oldham comment. Does anyone know of a source for
a sample of Pete Meaden's writing?

Anyways, I know - "Get a life".

If anybody finds this interesting, I have an acetate of Side 1 of "Sell Out"
on the way, different mix.