jumping into the fray

Because Pete's been very open in recounting his drug experiences throughout his career, some
er, ah, views on this, kept below an all out internet war, are worthy of considerations....
I, like everyone else have seen the needle and the damage done, if not to ourselves certainly to
others.... Those who don't drink, smoke or use any drugs will inevitably live healthy lives if
not piss others off for being a)uptight (if they are uptight people) and b) being anti-drug (if
they are anti-drug).  The converse is true for the other way around (Sounds like something Yogi
Berra would say!).  The poeple I got along with worst were ex-alcoholics, yet they needed to be
EX-alcoholics to save their own lives.  If they have to be pains in the ass to live, then that's that.
I know plenty of hardcore alkies, some with purple noses and oxygen tents.  My mother died from smoking,
a horrible lingering death, eventually costing the insurance pool $700k. Pure and simple... Know me
a few heroin addicts too, I do, yup I do.  Can't be a real nice way to live life.  Know a few people who
smoke pot occasionally and do very little else one would consider drug use... Kinda runs the gamut (sp?).
Townsend appears to be a binge-type, staying clean for long periods then binging... Who knows?  I love
his music, think lots of his early developement was drug-inspired or what have you... it comes with a
price....

So what I am saying is that I appreciate the invective from non-drug users and the intelligent options,
when presented, from drug users who a)maintain a productive life, and b) maintain health inasmuch as
whatever level of drugs they are taking allow... of course if they get sick becuase of drugs and
my insurance rates go up as a result, they are, then, affecting me no matter what they say... I'd
say finally that overall lifestyle is more of a factor in some than moderate or occasional drug use...

I'm not gonna yell at users and am not gonna glorify being clean and sober... Extremes in both areas
are about equally distasteful for me... So if you yell at me I'm not gonna respond.  But I will respect
that you got where you are for reasons of survivial and self-preservation....

Jeff