THE CULTURE AROUND HERE

          Jason Hare is absolutely correct.  The level of one's
          enjoyment of the Who can range from casual to fanatical, and
          that's the whole purpose for this list--the wide range of
          perspectives.  But in none of these perspectives are
          personal attacks to be tolerated!  I've been involved in an
          ongoing personal battle over the Beatles, and I am sorry for
          whatever my role was in causing or escalating it, but it's
          over.

          I thought we had a moratorium on this sort of name-calling
          and baiting.  However, it has come to my attention that Dr.
          Jimmy has a few personal concerns of his own that are
          influencing his behavior on this list and it seems they have
          reared their ugly heads again.  We all need to keep this in
          mind--we know how to hit delete keys, too.  I think the wise
          approach to take is to simply ignore petty postings. Don't
          reply to 'em, don't forward 'em, just read and dispose, or
          dispose without reading them at all.

          Dr. Jimmy, straighten out your act.  If you can't, you'll
          find that you no longer have a voice on this list.  Kick you
          off?  I don't have the authority for that, but we can
          individually refuse to read your dreck.  So, post away, and
          if you continue your present course of pettiness, I think
          it's fair to say we'll quit even bothering to open your
          messages.

          --Jim