my take on Pure Rock Theatre

	I just picked up Pure Rock Theatre this weekend too so I thought
I'd give my review for what it's worth.

	Overall I'm pretty happy with it and think it was definitely
worth the $19.99.
	Highlights:  1. YMB:  my new favorite version of the song.  I've
never heard Roger's voice recorded better.   It's like he's screamin'
right in your face.  Pete plays about 8000 different riffs
(approximately) including this jazz lick about 5min. in that I would have
never expected to hear from the SG/Hiwatt combo.
	2.  The supercharged version of Summertime Blues is also
impressive.  Pete was really into it that night.

	Lowlights:  1.  Tommy beginning to end.  Amazing Journey/Sparks
especially sucked.  Every time Pete missed a
note he seemed to just give up.  It seemed like he was in outer space.
Keith...well, Keith always was in outer space (but in a good way) and John
seemed to be having a hard time trying to play between the two.
 	2.  I also was sort of disappointed to find the LaL stuff but I
see their reasoning in trying to get a complete show on the CD.  But
considering all the other cuts and splices they seem to contradict there
own logic.

	Despite this I would definitely recommend it for the 76+min of music.

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Department     |  "Deaf, dumb, and blind boy, he's in a
University of Montana           |   quiet vibration land..."
tommy@selway.umt.edu            |                   -- The Who's "Tommy"
                                 -- this half of sig soon to
                                    disappear do to professional
                                    conflict.  (Bummer, dude)