Re: Various interesting facts

Bogie, re:

>Many fans have wondered about possible bonus tracks if/when By Numbers
>and Who Are You are reissued.

I think at this point they plan on using live tracks from each time period.
However, like me, I'd recommend  putting pressure on "the powers to be" to
find the Who versions of "Empty Glass" and "Keep On Working" that were
recorded for "Who Are You". Either that, or maybe we'll be "lucky" and get
yet another variation on "Guitar & Pen"!

>Pete's dad, Cliff, played on many records, and "made at least one recording
in his own right, an instrumental tune called 'Unchained Melody,'

I'm not sure if that was the single, but I did see an old "Cliff Townshend"
(it actually may have been spelled "Townsend") 45 in a NYC record store in
the Who section about 13 years ago. They wanted $25 for it, which I thought
was a bit silly... So... it DOES exist... (at least one, anyway...)

>...did Jimmy Page play on "I Can't Explain" or not, and if so, to what
extent?),

He played rhythm on "I Can't Explain" and lead on the "b" side "Bald Headed
Woman"...

WF <~