Gold Lame

Rainman, re:

>"The only one who wouldn't wear a silver suit" - PM on PT, 1979.

Wasn't that a " gold lame' " suit???

WF <~

     >> I believe Rainman is correct here.  McCartney was upset that Peter
     did not join in the Rockestra crowd by wearing those silver jackets
     (referring to Kampuchea benefits held at Hammersmith Odeon, London Dec
     1979).  I enjoy watching a drunk Pete having fun and taking center
     stage right at the end....

     Jeff Winterich
     jwinteri@harris.com

          Yeah, but it was gold lame.  Check out the Kampuchea benefit
          album or the Feb. 1980 ROLLING STONE that covered the show,
          with a great pic of Townshend in mid-leap.

          --Jim