Who Playing Out

>Here's a question for everyone:  do you think the Who will ever perform live
>again?  What about an album?  Some new studio work would be gratefully
>appreciated!

          Gary:  My honest opinion, without any inside knowledge, is
          that yes, the Who will perform again live (I assume you mean
          Daltrey and Entwistle AND Pete Townshend).  Pete has always
          been driven by a need to be popular (read THE WHO IN THEIR
          OWN WORDS, by Steve Clarke, 1979), and I think he misses the
          adulation of an audience.  Though, I doubt they'll undertake
          any mammoth tour.  But a one-off performance is possible,
          IMHO. Will they record studio stuff?  In many ways, I hope
          not. Pete just doesn't write that well anymore when he
          writes for the Who. His '80s and 90s solo stuff is better
          than FD and IH.  And I doubt that Entwistle would be all
          that interested in trodding back to the studio UNLESS a tour
          was an outcome of that work.

          --Jim