Re: Allsorts...

In a message dated 95-10-13 15:58:33 EDT, jacksonj@battelle.org wrote:

>The 3 new songs recorded for the
>soundtrack are an odd lot.  They have always struck me as kind
>of...silly compared to the seriousness of the original story.
>JOKER JAMES is OK, and FOUR FACES has a good sense of humor to
>it. Also, it seemed to me that this is where we Who fans begin
>to see a reduction in emphasis on Pete's guitar playing.  I am
>not sure if Pete wrote these songs during his work on EMPTY
>GLASS.  Does anyone know for sure? I always thought the
>soundtrack songs were recorded in very early 1979 right after
>Kenney joined.--Jim

Check out the liner notes for the song "Unused Piano: 'Quadrophenia'" from
the first Scoop album.  Actually, here's the first part:

"There were several pieces I wrote for Quadrophenia that were left off the
completed album.  One or two of them were incorporated into the film
sountrack album."  [liner notes continue]

Personally, I like all three songs - especially Joker James.  I agree that
Joker James is silly, but I find Four Faces very "serious".

-Gordie
re: THE WHO / beatles -- "Can't we all just get along?"
(people, stop hurting people...)
(all we are say-ing is give peace a chance...)