Re: Allsorts...

          Jon, a Who-list virgin wrote on Oct. 13:

>What seems to be the opinion out there on the Quad soundtrack (now available on
>CD from Polydor)? Any comments?

I like the remixed QUAD over the original.  In fact, I have
always been disappointed that the whole QUAD album wasn't
remixed in such a fashion.  I like it that the bass is more
distinct throughout, I like the distinct end to REAL ME, and the
rolling drum intro to PMTG.  The 3 new songs recorded for the
soundtrack are an odd lot.  They have always struck me as kind
of...silly compared to the seriousness of the original story.
JOKER JAMES is OK, and FOUR FACES has a good sense of humor to
it. Also, it seemed to me that this is where we Who fans begin
to see a reduction in emphasis on Pete's guitar playing.  I am
not sure if Pete wrote these songs during his work on EMPTY
GLASS.  Does anyone know for sure? I always thought the
soundtrack songs were recorded in very early 1979 right after
Kenney joined.--Jim