Re: Who/Beatles

> Some thoughts from a 41-year-old British Who fan:
>
> *My* first album was 'With the Beatles' in 1963 - two years *before* anyone
> had heard of The Who. You must bear in mind that in those days, everything
> (and I mean *everything*) was subordinate to the Beatles. Without them there
> would have been no Who, believe me. However, the Beatles split up in 1969,
> just as The Who were getting into their 'classic' era - and of course The
> Who were to go on for a further twenty years or more, making them a true 70s
> (and 80s) band.
>
> So I can I can understand someone who was getting into rock in the late 70s
> attaching more importance to The Who. A *lot* of your views will be coloured
> by how old you are, where you grew up, and so on. There is no 'right' answer
> to this one - just dig what you dig, man and let other folks be (hey, old
> hippies never die, they just hang around mailing lists lecturing the young
> guys...)
>
> Like the man said: "Horses for courses? Yes, I suppose they do, don't they?"
>
> Mike M

Well put and point correctly presented.... Its just a link in a chain, and
if you haven't made certain connections you're doomed to live life without
a proper wiring diagram - that's all - nobody's forcing anybody to like
anything - hell, I basically dislike everthing beyond, well, album X, and
anything beyond that is kinda winder dressing ta me! But be that as it may,
there's enough common stuff to make it a worthwhile activity to hear from
others, many on this list who have a wealth of information and THOUGHTFUL
opionions on subjects.  It starts with getting a few people frazzled (me
included) and then some pretty insightful things come out eventually.  That's
what it is all about.... Now let me get back to playing my Hiwatts, SGs and
Rickenbackers!
JW