Re[2]: violin vs harp?

Jim, re:
> However, the TKAA BABA is great except for Moonie.  Sorry, his playing is
lousy (may God rest his soul).  --jim
          __________________first message ends__________________
I agree with you about how it's nice to have studio vs live variances.
Otherwise, what's the point of the live performance? However, on the TKAA
"Baba", how much drumming does Keith need to do on that song? He's banging
away loud enough...  It's like "Eminence Front", could Keith have added much
to it the way it was written?

WF <~

Well, perhaps Keith wouldn't have had much to add, it's just that his timing
(never the greatest) is at its worse.  His premature end before Townshend's
vocal break is a sad comment to what once was a great drummer.  Also, his pacing
of the song is lethargic.  Hey, I don't mean to trod on your opinions. I think
we all need to be sensitive to others' perspectives.  For you, this version of
BABA is special, and I respect that.  For me, it's not.  Actually, I'm still
looking for a great live Baba moment.  I have a boot from '79 with Jones that
has a Baba I like a lot, but I'm still betting there's one better out there.

--Jim