a few things...

1.  the recurring Beatles/Who thread - gotta go with Jeff on this one.  I
listen to the Beatles and the Who and love both, but it's like baseball and
hockey.  As for McCartney solo, I love a *lot* of his stuff.  He's an
underrated bass player and an exceptional songwriter.  Saying he adds too
much sugar to his songs is like saying Sinatra sings too many torch songs.
Of *course* he does.  That's his job.  McCartney *invented* the modern pop
form IMHO.

2.  Baba fiddle/harp:  I like James Jackson's summing: I like the harp and
violin for different reasons - the Who is a totally different experience
for me live than studio.  Both are equally powerful, one touches my heart
and the other rips my face off.  :)

3.  Looking forward to George's next installment of "Tales From The Other
Side Of The Sink..."

OK,
KLW

"Imagine a past that you wish you had lived,
Full of heroes and villains and fools..."