The Hawker

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
Steve, re:

>the alternate version of "Eyesight to the Blind" -- only available on the
MFSL CD -- featuring a different vocal track by Roger Daltrey.

 Currently, Jon Astley is considering the use of this "alternate" version on
the "new" "Tommy" that is forthcoming.

------------------------  End Original Message  -----------------------
....I'd JUST like to address the issue of using either the "original"
or the "alternate" take of "Eyesight to the Blind" -- I don't care which
version Jon Astley ultimately decides on -- both are excellent vocal takes.
I just *HOPE* that whichever is used for the remastered TOMMY cd,  that
"SOMEONE"  has the sense to include the OTHER version on the remastered
Odds & Sods CD.  Especially if the supposedly original version is used --
it would be a shame if years from now, the more common version is, over time,
"filtered" out of availability.  All of a sudden, the one version most
people are familiar with can only be heard on some old lp.  I would hate for
that to happen.

        With my "faith in something bigger" still intact,
        gary.