Re:Join Together etc.

Hi all,

>: WFang01@aol.com
>Actually, according to Jon Astley, there is some Keith Live "Who Are You"
>material, which may be released on the "live" CD. What songs other than "Who
>Are You", I don't know...

Yes, wasn't that from Shepperton or Kilburn? I doubt that it'll be any good
though.

>Disc One of "Join Together" ("Tommy") is very good. Disc Two loses it's focus
>a bit with Andy Makaie at MCA going overboard with Pete Townshend solo songs
>and "Who's Greatest Hits" (again). However, this version of "Trick Of The
>Light" is very good...

I like "Join Together". Sure I don't really think it's the real Who, but
that doesn't mean that I have to ignore it altogether. I don't mind they're
doing Pete solo songs when they're good enough, but some songs seem to be
included just to promote Pete instead of the Who ("Eminence Front", "Face
the Face", "A Little Is Enough"). But I think "Rough Boys" fits in quite
well.

In a way I guess it loses its focus a bit, but at least it's much more daring
(and better) than "Who's Last" IMHO. BTW didn't Pete call the '89 tour: "The
best tour we ever did... really". (?)

On Genesis...

Didn't the old defunct Who fan club's owner (forgot his name) start a
Genesis fan club instead?

- Svante

  Svante Boerjesson <svante@df.lth.se>, phone (+46) 40 916403
                     homepage at: http://www.df.lth.se/~svante