No Subject

At 23:57 10/3/95, scott james wrote:
>>A person can not get away
>>with so much as a typo, let alone say pete was drinking Heineken, when it
>>was rolling rock. I think I have seen at this point several references to
>>my ERROR
>
>Think of it as an interest in accuracy.  If this list doesn't get this
>stuff right, who will?  :-)
>
>If you're feeling jumped on because people corrected you, please try to see
>it as constructive.  I didn't see anyone being abusive toward you (did I
>miss something?), rather just stating the facts.  If you really remembered
>seeing him drinking Heineken, then there would have been an honest
>disagreement on fact, which might have been resolved by a third party or
>gone forever unresolved.  OTOH, the fact that you have said it was an error
>on your part implies that you merely remembered seeing him drinking beer,
>and filled in the "Heineken" part on your own.  I don't think anyone is
>well served by propagating errors, even (as in this case) minor or
>relatively inconsequential ones.  (For this reason, I welcome accurate
>correction of anything I post, and because I take this stuff (Who)
>seriously, I try to make clear whether I am posting fact, opinion,
>conjecture, etc.)
>
>Mailing lists are pretty much by definition composed of people who care to
>an unusual degree about the subject matter.  My guess is that thewho is
>typical in its degree of collective interest (read: revelry) in minutiae.
>
>IMO,
>Alan
>
>I'll play at the opening of an envelope.
>                        --John Entwistle

Yea, but he was just talking about what kind of beer Pete was drinking.
Accuracy is preferred when one is discussing things relevant; such as the
music (the Who is a band afterall, and music is what it is all about), but
when one is hounded for mistaking the brand of beer that Pete was
drinking...that's a bit anal.  Is this Tiger Beat?

that abubbica guy: Steve Rosenstein
abubbica@intersteve.com
maud@intersteve.com
abubbica@chihuahua.org