RE: Convention (Stamp, Sandom...)

At 09:15 PM 10/3/95, Stafford, Susan A. wrote:
>Over the weekend I heard a DJ on a classic rock station talk a little about
>The Who Convention.  She said that Chris Stamp, Doug Sandom, and members
>from the Beachcombers were there.  I didn't see any of these people, did
>anyone else?

I saw Stamp and Sandom at the evening session before the show started.  I
met Stamp, and got pictures of him, Sandom and Irish Jack.  JE was also
hanging out signing autographs.  As a way of impressing John enough to give
me one, I told him I came all the way from Cincinnati for the show.  He
looked at me funny and said, "And you made it alive?"  (Hint: 1979)

I've heard a lot more showed up during the day session (which I left
early), including Moon's mom, Charlesworth and Astley, and Mrs. Daltrey.

Has anyone seen any Convention reviews or other stories in the press, in
the U.S. or U.K.?

Re the Swedish CD:  surprisingly good, but that Magic Bus take-off is
pretty weird.

Joe Grimes  ***   jgg@iac.net   ***   Cincinnati, Ohio
The music we play must be tomorrow's, the things we say have to be today's
and the reason for bothering is yesterday  -  Pete Townshend, '70-'71