Re: Who Covers Chart

Hi, Alan, and other Who list "covers" collectors...

Here are the Who covers from the Swedish CD accompanying "the first 1500
copies" of "The Who in Sweden" book.  The CD is titled "Swedish The Who
Covers", and was compiled by Sture Hallberg in 1994.  The front of the CD
envelope (no jewel box) shows the sleeves of the various singles/EPs that
the Who covers were originally on.  There are some interesting :-) choices
of other material put out on the same discs as the Who material, in typical
'60s fashion!  (For example, one EP has, "Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo" by the Hi-balls,
"Chain of Love" by Trini Lopez, "If You Hear Me Knockin'" by the Violents,
and "I'm a Boy" by the Hi-balls, with a nice picture of [you guessed it]
Trini Lopez...)  They were all put out from 1966 to 1968, and the record
numbers for the singles/EPs are included in the song listings.  Anyone
with a burning interest can email me, and I'll reply with the full "liner
notes".  (Including the other songs on the original records! :-)

The covers are all pretty much straight copies of the original Who versions,
except for "Arthur's Buss", which is credited to "Townshend-Tennander", is
a different-sounding "Magic Bus", and is in Swedish so I can't tell if the
lyrics are different or just a translation...  (But the precedent was set
in Alan's list with the inclusion of a French version of "A Legal Matter"!)

1. La-La-La Lies               Lee Kings
2. The Kids Are Alright        Annabee-nox
3. So Sad About Us             Mascots
4. Pictures of Lily            Lunatics
5. The Good's Gone             Lunatics
6. I'm a Boy                   The Hi-balls
7. My Generation               Sunspots
8. Mary Ann With Shaky Hands   Troublemakers
9. Arthurs Buss                The Telstars

Spelling is as it is on the back of the CD envelope.  The front cover has
the original sleeves, with the following differences:  2. has "Allright"
(which is more strictly correct English, though "alright" has made its way
into the dictionary) and "Annaabee-nox"; 4. has "The Lunatics" (but not 5.);
8. has "The" in the appropriate place; and 9. apostrophizes "Arthur's"...

List compilers' notes:  the only version of "La-La-La Lies", and the list
already includes "Mary Ann" by [the] Troublemakers.