The Moon Man

> I am curious to know why roger Daltrey gave up playing
> lead guitar, does anybody know how this decision came
> about. up to the poing when the high numbers were beginning
> who was the better musician Pete or Roger and Why did Roger
> move to singer and not, how close was Keith Moon to joining
> Led Zepplin.
>
> rick

I recall Entwistle as having been a consideration as well.  Would've made a great
band, no doubt, although their eventual selection (everyone's) was just fine, thanks.

The closest incarnation of all of that one record is with Page, Beck, Moon, and Jones on
Beck's Bolero... including classic Moon yelling on intro to drum solo......

As soon as anyone gets their grubby little paws on the IOW CD, be a chum and let us all
know about it, O.K. ?

I read a little trivia thing in the paper in the wake of the Beatles Anthology (which I give two thumbs
up for presenting a lot of archival footage nice and clean-like - both the CD and the 6 hr special.)
Kinda lays waste to my lovingly collected bootleg stuff, audio and video, over the last 20 yrs.. Oh, well,
I got a 20 yr. jump on 99.999% of the rest of the populace....

Anyway, it said McCartney wrote Helter Skelter about (sort of) the Who....