Re: covers in general

> I think you're missing my point. Just because the lyrics don't deal with a
> mystic subject etc, that doesn't mean a song isn't acid-oriented. The sound
> itself has more to do with it...and this _is_ what we're talking about here.
> The production...the way a song is presented. No matter what Ray is talking
> about, the atmosphere of End Of The Season certainly works with the acid
> "outlook." As does Death Of A Clown. The piano certainly adds to the
> atomosphere. David Watts...the opening, of course, but it may be that you
> have to hear it while tripping to get it. The bass is a factor...and more
> than anything, it has to do with the way the song is mixed...but I don't
> think I can adequately explain it. You just have to hear it.

We are basically saying the same things only from opposite ends.  My
belief is that the sound of the album wasn't coming from Ray and
that Shel took his songs and made them spacey to fit the top albums
of the period (IE Production).  Unlike Townshend, Lennon/McCartney,
Jagger/Richards, and Wilson, Ray never wrote his songs inspired from
LSD or any other psychadelic drug. When I hear SE I cut through the p
roduction and hear the song as it is.  With the other artists, the
songs themselves are on a different level of thought.  I'll give you
that it does SOUND "acid based" but the songs aren't "acid oriented".

I'll end it here, I think we might be going in circles and your
points are well taken.