Re: Listen up folks!!!

Rich, re:

>You know, I had begun to wonder about what kind of opportunities us hardcore
fans might have regarding this tour...  Not only am I glad to see that
someone else is on the same wavelength, but Fang seems to be taking the bull
by the horns (or Ox by the French horns)!  Count me in!!

My attitude is "why not?" Since 1982, we've seen Roger play a short solo tour
in '85, Pete's "Deep End" in '86, John's tours of '87 & '88, a Who reunion of
'89 and Roger of '94. While all of these things as a whole sound great (and
they were), there was nothing continuous. It's nice to follow a band and know
that they're GOING to tour and GOING to put out a new album as opposed to...
??? This band has a potential future. I'd rather DO something about it as a
"hard core fan", than sit back and second guess everything. If we can't help
make it happen, who can?

>Fang, you were in London but I wasn't:  Do you think that this plan of
John's was prompted by the outpouring of interest (in his carerr in general)
that I imagine was tangibly displayed at the convention?

No. Without quoting anyone, I'd say that this was prompted by the
cancellation of the Daltrey Euro and Australlian tour. I don't think John
realizes how much of a following he actually has on his own...

>>1) A John Entwistle Party and Concert. To take place in a small >club in
>NYC...dinner and schmooze...limited to about 200 people.
>>...tentative at $150, which would include John's unreleased, limited
>>edition CD, "The Rock", some of which was played live in '88, an
>>autographed picture and some more "stuff".
>
>I've gone from Wisconsin to NY to see Roger and Pete in solo shows, so I'd
be happy to do the same for what you describe, thought I'd love to see
Chicago, Milwaukee, or even Madison be one of those "other cities" (hey, I
can dream; after all, Roger was going to play in Rockford, IL).

I've been to Rockford twice on business. Somehow I can't picture Roger, or
anyone else playing there!

>>2) The "Tour Program". For $100, would you like to have YOUR >name and a
brief message listed on the tour program? Included in >the price, would be an
autographed CD of "The Rock" and some other exclusive" materials.

>Has something like this ever been done before?  Sounds pretty interesting
(and appealing)...

Not in Rock and Roll as far as I know. Typically, programs like this are done
for sponsorship for non-profit oganizations (ie Schools, hospitals, etc...) I
have a lot of experience as a "volunteer" and know that people like this
sorta "stuff". In this case, it's an opportunity to have your own name as
part of rock history...

If anyone else has any good ideas, I'll be more than happy to pass them
along. Keep in mind that time is of the essence...

WF <~