Re: covers in general

-- [ From: Thomas G. Farrell Jr. * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Mark,
RE:  > But as you say, Rock is 90% stolen anyway. Most of it would
claim a higher percentage.

  I saw Pete on MTV several years ago, and he quoted Elvis Costello
along those same lines:
  "Every good artist is a magpie and thief."
  Meaning, a good writer, of music or prose or poetry, usually
"borrows" inspiration from other artists.  So, 90% of rock music being
"stolen" is probably about right, and from Pete's quote, I'd infer that
he did and does the same, innovative though he is.
  Why Pete is quoting Elvis Costello, I have no idea.  But as a wise
man once said, "Accidents Will Happen."   ;)
  Every good wish--Tom Farrell