Books on the Who

          Svante's recent posting about THE WHO IN SWEDEN made me
          wonder--what do you consider to be the ultimate Who book

          for example, is it Barnes's Max. R&B, or Marsh's BEFORE I
          GET OLD, or even Pete's own HORSE'S NECK?

          To answer my own query, I vote for MAXIMUM R&B--I find that
          to be the book I go to when I'm a Who reading mood (chris
          charlesworth's 1982 trade paperback bio is a very close
          2nd). I've read Swenson's book from 78/79 (I've got it, now
          I need to find it...), and Marsh's, and I go back to the
          source. Barnes's intimacy with the group makes me feel like
          I'm there.

          jim