The Who in Sweden book

Hi Mike and all,

>From: Mike Westbrook <mwest@atc-1s.HAC.COM>
>For those of us lucky enough to go to the Who convention, and who bought
>"The Who in Sweden", there was a CD of Who covers by Swedish groups, most

Just thought I'd inform everyone that "The Who in Sweden" wasn't just sold
exclusively at the convention. It can still be orderered from the publisher
in Stockholm, Sweden.

I know I'm a bit biased in saying this, but this book is highly recommended.
In fact, I'm not sure if anyone can call himself a true Who-fan without
this one! :-)

Unlike books like "Full Moon" which, although it has quite a few interesting
parts, concentrates far too much on booze and pills and sensationalist
b...b..bullshit. "The Who in Sweden" is very personal yet not in a bad way.
It treats the Who, pop and rock'n roll and kids growing up with great love.
It's not a perfect book, but it's done with a big heart if you know what I
mean. It's definitely a Who-fan's book. When I think of it, the book is
very much an imprint of what the Who used to be in the mid-sixties. Simply
the best, most sincere pop-group there was.

The book tells a story about a pop-group going from teenage stardom to a
very professional rock'n roll enterprise. The story is told largely through
the many great photograps. I know it says below that it contains 450 photos,
but since it has 192 pages and about 5-6 photos per page it could very well
have close to 1000 photos.

It concentrates of course on the early Who, the young and innocent Who.
(If the Who could ever be called "innocent"). I usually put on the
first box CD or the new "A quick one" and flick through the book and
dream away. (When I have time to dream that is.)

Here is that old info I sent to the list way back. It's still valid.
__________

"THE WHO IN SWEDEN

This is a sample of the forthcoming 192 page book covering the band's tours
to Sweden 1965-1972. The book is filled with stories, memorabilia and more
than 450 previousely unpublished photographs. The main part is taken from
private photo collections.

The book contains a complete Swedish discography in full colour. A bonus CD
will accompany the first sold 1500 books. This CD, with nine Swedish bands
doing Who covers is only available here. The book is due July 1995, and
available at recordshops and bookstores. You can also order your copy from
the publisher.

The price is UK 26.50 pounds, US $44, Germany DM 65, Sweden 275 Skr. All prices
include postage&package. Money by I.M.O., Cheque, P.O. or cash by
registered mail.

Please write to:

SQUEEZE BOOKS
c/o Olle Lundin