Marquee Poster

At 09:26 AM 11/21/95 EST, you wrote:

>Does anyone have a feel for what an original Marquee poster would be worth
>and how to postively ID one?  I received a letter from someone offering one
for
>sale and I must say I'm tempted...

I seem to recall years ago that the original used for Live at Leeds sold for
around $3000. Myself I might be tempted to pay half that.

There was a good article in Goldmine a few issues back on collecting posters.
Somebody said that stuff by the Who is pretty undesirable (or words to that
effect) but I disagree.

I would certainly want to examine one before I bought one. After you've seen a
few old posters you kind of get a feel for spotting the genuine article.
Color and feel of paper, worn edges and corners, foxing, etc. I have an
original Dec. 1969 Who London Coliseum poster and before I bought it the guy
had 500 copies run off. I imagine there must be a lot of those kicking
around.
---
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803