Re: Covers of Pinball Wizard

On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Lev Polinsky wrote:

> Well, the few covers I have heard of Who songs tend to sound pretty bad.
> Gorky Park's My Generation, for example, doesn't really work (and I

Green Day did "My Generation" on their Kerplunk album, which sounds okay
though I think you'd have to make a conscious effort to make MG sound bad.

The Breeders did "So Sad About Us".  Sounds pretty good with female vocals.

The Sex Pistols do a couple of early Who covers which sound good (if you
like the Pistols)

There is also an album of Who covers called "WHO covers who" with a bunch
of covers by fairly recent British bands, and while none of them
qualifies as great, there are some intersting interpretations.

I also once heard a version of Tommy done by various hardcore thrash/punk
bands, or at least the cover said it was Tommy, you couldn't tell by the
sound.

Shane Matheson					MechEng/CompSci UWO

west'ern n.	a motion picture about cowboys in the western U.S.
en'gi'neer n.	one in charge of engines or other technical equipment
west'ern en'gi'neer n.  the train driver who always gets shot in the
		motion picture about cowboys in the western U.S.

		-- excerpt from "The HitchHiker's Guide
		  to Western Engineering Fall 95 Edition"