Re: Box set Magic Bus

At 10:04 AM 11/19/95 -0500, you wrote:
>>I'm sure Jon Astley thinks the stereo box set version is "good enough"...
>Call that version stereo is being is little too generous.  I have a
>mono/stereo switch on my pre-amp, and while pressing the button shifts the
>overal sound a little to one direction, I having trouble detecting any true
>stereo separation.

Very true. A lot of the Who tracks are notorious for their use of
reprocessed stereo. Note the My Generation LP. It will be a great moment
when Shel Talmy releases the true stereo version of that album. It will be
interesting to see if that is done as well as the Sell Out reissue or as
poorly as the Quick One reissue.
---
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803