Re: It's Hard and expanded remasters.

On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Keith Z Burkey wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 1995 PoeKat@AOL.COM wrote:
> > but finishes up with this enlightening paragraph: "Upcoming MCA WHO titles
> > planned to be released throughout 1995 and 1996 include 'Tommy' (I thought
> > this already was, when it was remastered and put on 1 disc -- even though it
> > didn't get the royal treatment ala 'Leeds...' etc.), 'Quadrophenia", 'Who Are
> > You', 'The Who By Numbers' and 'Odds and Sods', plus a new greatest hits
> > package and a new live compilation album..." So there you have it from the
> > record company's mouth :) Cheers from The PoeKat...
> Halle-freaking-lujah!!!!!!!! (or however the heck you spell it)

Amen.

> Finally got It's Hard today, also almost bought Face Dances, but $$
> wouldn't allow.  I've got to get a credit card! :)  THis is the first
> time I've seen Face Dances in a store.

I would really buy both of those used.  They're not great, so it's not
really impossible to wait, and you can get the two of them for a combined
$10-12 without too much work.  (Or, at least, I did.)

> I really expected it to be worse than it was.  Given all the negative
> comments (admittedly mixed w/some good thoughts) about this album, I was
> kinda aprehensive.  I liked it though.  Kinda impressed actually.
>
> Well, I was wondering.  When MCA remasters WAY, WBN and O&S, do you all
> think they'll be expanded.  I'd sure as anything hope so.  I can't
> imagine they wouldn't after all (they wouldn't touch Tommy or Quad, would
> they?).  Any ideas on tracks?

Well, Tommy can't really be expanded since there's about two-three
minutes of free space left on the CD, and they probably don't have
enough material for two full double CD's.  Now, a two-CD set, one live
and one studio--that would be nice.  Although, on second thought, I'd
probably prefer not to pay for essentially the same Tommy CD and just
have the Live Tommy CD...
As far as Quad, I think they might add a few extra tracks, maybe live
stuff or an alternate version or two.  I really don't know how many other
songs there were for Quad:  does anyone know?
As far as WBN and especially WAY, I really doubt there are any more songs
from that period.  It doesn't sound like the songs that made those albums
were the best of a large songlist, more like Pete wrote a dozen songs, of
which the Who picked all but a couple to record.  Again, I'd expect more
live stuff.  Although I could be completely wrong... But after you listen
to a song like Love is Coming Down, it doesn't really seem likely that
the Who were pruning an awfully long songlist to record WAY.  Same goes,
to an even larger extent, for the two KJ albums.

> Finally, does anyone out there sell Who t-shirts?  Can someone give me an
> address for a catalog?  I've searched all around and can't find crap.
> Thanks all!

I wouldn't mind that, either.

---Would you believe me if I told you I was lying?--L-e-v-